Day 20: A traumatic weekend

Hey guys,

I’m BACK! It’s been a hectic few days and I just don’t know where to start.

On Friday I woke in a state of sheer panic.

My temperature had dropped, I had cold sweats and I couldn’t get my breathing under control.

Sam was worried and took me to hospital.

I missed blogging! [OK]

I missed blogging! [OK]

I had my bloods taken and an x-ray before sitting down with a doctor to discuss my problems.

After talking for a long time it was decided that my panic attacks and breathlessness needed to become a priority as they were starting to rule my life.

When the doctor mentioned “Dorothy House” I was scared. Dorothy House is a local hospice – a place I thought people went to die.

But it was explained to Sam and I in detail that this wasn’t the case at all.

I had chemo today [ok]

I had chemo today [ok]

In some circumstances Dorothy House is used for end of life care, but in my case it will act as a rehab where I will learn how to manage my panics attacks and breathlessness so that I am able to function at home.

I was pretty reluctant at first but I eventually decided to go.

And I can already say it was the best decision I have ever made.

Having chemo [ok]

 Having chemo [ok]

The environment and staff instantly put me at ease – it’s so relaxing and the staf are so reassuring.

I arrived on Friday afternoon and flopped into bed. The weekend was a blur or sleeping and trying out my new calming medication.

I have to accept that this is another battle I have to undertake. But I will be patient and I will get there.

Love Laura,



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s